We are hiring!
If you would like to consider joining our team please e-mail or send* us a copy of your CV using the
recruitment form below.
*Please make sure the contact details you enter are correct, otherwise we will not be able to reply.
Retail Assistant Job Description
Role Title: Retail Assistant
Reports to: Proprietor
Working hours: 37 Hours per week or a part time position could be available to be discussed.
Opening Times: Monday – Saturday 9am – 5.30pm, Wednesday 9am – 5pm. Closed Sundays & Bank Holidays, one day off during the week to be agreed.
Rate of Pay: To be discussed
Benefits: 20% Staff discount for yourself and immediate family members.
To provide a professional and calm retail experience for our customers. We aim to maximise on every sales opportunity, whilst delivering the highest level of customer service and care.
- To ensure departments of the shop are fully stocked.
- To ensure departments are always manned.
- Unpack and check in orders, reporting and logging any discrepancies.
- Regularly check and report stock levels.
- Distribute orders to stock rooms ensuring Health & Safety Policies are followed.
- Ensure departments are always clean and presentable.
- Always try and exceed the customers expectation by delivering high quality customer service.
- Key identification and cutting, instore training will be undertaken.
- Basic math skills for cash handling and counting back change.
- Basic IT skills preferred but not essential.
- A good grasp of the English language and competent ability in reading, writing and spelling.
- A knowledge or interest in household and electrical products.
- Ability to work as part of a team with a good numerical attention to detail.
- Friendly and welcoming communication instore or over the telephone.
- To make sure the shop remains in a presentable condition for customers.
- To always greet customers in a friendly manner.
- To provide product information where available to customers as requested by them. § To always look to increase your product knowledge within all departments.
- Being flexible on duties.
- Voice ideas about product promotions or placements.
- To comply with Health & Safety Policy and procedures.
- Attend at all team training as required and completion of all mandatory trainings/development opportunities in consultation with your manager.
- To make sure the shop is open and ready for 9am prompt.
Monday – 9:00am to 5:30pm
Tuesday – 9:00am to 5:30pm
Wednesday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday – 9:00am to 5:30pm
Friday – 9:00am to 5:30pm
Saturday – 9:00am to 5:30pm
Sunday – Closed
Telephone: 01749 676 886